Luxury laminate flooring has always been a very popular choice with designers and that has not changed in 2018. Their clients love the fact that this flooring is not only budget-friendly but also meets the brief in many other respects.
To create a modern, fresh, vibrant and on-trend living look, office and retail spaces is easy with luxury laminate flooring. Its versatility, durability and the selection of designs available today make it the obvious choice for professionals who are seeking to deliver an end product that impresses – for years to come.
Here are 5 things about laminate flooring designers love and why:
- Cost: Many clients want hardwood flooring, but the price tag often changes their minds. Designers have the perfect answer to this dilemma – laminate flooring. Laminate mimics hardwood surfaces beautifully and costs a fraction of what real hardwood floors do.
- Selection: Ask an expert to help you choose from the wide selection of sizes, shapes and styles of laminate flooring. From tactile slate and woven textiles to distressed wood, you can create any look you want to with the incredible realism built into laminate flooring. But how do they do it? The process is ingeniously simple – the top layer of the laminate consists of a photographic appliqué, which gives it the appearance of wood. The process is done professionally, thus ensuring an end result that is strikingly similar in appearance to hardwood flooring. On top of the photographic appliqué is a transparent protective layer, which is what makes the floor scratch-resistant. The core part of the laminate consists of a combination of fibre board and melamine resin
- Hygiene: If you operate in an environment where health and safety is a priority, flooring plays a big role in meeting quality standards. Anyone involved in flooring projects in schools, old age homes, factories and hotels, for example, has a gem of a product in laminate flooring. Not only is it fire- and slip-proof, but water-resistant, the latter making it easy to clean.
- Durability: This flooring is made to withstand wear and tear, especially in a commercial setting. Shopping malls, retail stores, restaurants and hotels are benefiting from its durability and are able to keep their floors looking as good as new for years to come. If laminate floors are tough enough to withstand the thousands of feet which walk through mall stores every day, imagine how well it will serve your home.
- Maintenance: Designers understand that clients want to get on with the business of making a profit, which is why low-maintenance laminate is a winner in retail environments. To maintain its lustre, all this flooring requires is an occasional wipe with a damp mop. Spills are easy to wipe up and there is no danger of it scuffing or being scratched easily.
Laminate flooring is a stand-out flooring solution for forward-thinking designers who want to offer their clients innovation, functionality and quality, at home or at work.
Give Top Carpets and Floors a call today about our laminate flooring solutions and see how we can help give your home that look as if it was done by a designer.