If you have recently delved into the wonderful world of flooring, you will have come across laminate flooring, which is one of the most popular types of floors for modern homes. You have probably also looked at real hardwood flooring and there is no doubt about the fact that it is beautiful.
Homeowners have also discovered that real hardwood comes with a hefty price tag and also presents challenges that other floors do not. It is important to make an informed decision when choosing flooring, as it is an investment that can reap long-term benefits if you choose wisely.
To bring the warmth and timeless beauty of real hardwood into your home, without spending a fortune, is possible with laminate flooring.
The Top 6 Benefits of Laminate Flooring:
1) It is one of the most affordable flooring options on the market today. Laminate flooring is far more affordable than real hardwood.
2) You can have the look and feel of real hardwood throughout your home. The designs and styles available today emulate real hardwood, so realistically that it is difficult to tell the difference.
3) Their durability is another plus, as you will not have to replace your floors for many years.
4) Laminates, unlike hardwood, do not fade in the sunlight and are scratch- and stain-resistant.
5) Some laminates are also water-resistant, offering peace of mind in areas where spills may occur.
6) Maintenance is easy. No vacuuming or scrubbing is required to keep laminate flooring in a good condition and looking new. A simple wipe with a damp cloth or soft mop is all that is required.
You must always bear your lifestyle in mind when choosing new floors and think about the activity that goes on in the area in which you want to install the floor. This is important if you want to enjoy your new floors for years to come and to get the maximum return on your investment.
We understand the world of flooring is very diverse. You may have carpeting in mind, but when you start researching what is available, you could find yourself back at square one, grappling to make a decision.
There are certain types of floors that work best in certain areas only. Carpets, for example, could restrict you, as they are not suitable for kitchens or bathrooms.
The beauty of laminate flooring is its versatility. You can install it in every room in the house! Firm and comfortable underneath the feet, laminates are a modern way to spruce up your home or office.
While it is possible to install laminate flooring yourself, we do not recommend this. The skills and expertise of a professional will benefit the overall look of the new floors and you will benefit from a warranty and after-sale service.
Remember that home renovations take time and dedication. If you find yourself running behind with a flooring installation, you could put your family through weeks of unnecessary stress, which can put a damper on the entire project.