Summers in South Africa are known for their fun braais, poolside entertainment and family gatherings. It is for this reason that many homeowners opt to invest in their outdoor recreational area. Not only is revamping this space an investment, but it is a wonderful way for families and friends to relax and have a good time. Changing your outdoor flooring can create a wonderful balance with the rest of your carefully selected outdoor décor, and tie in perfectly with your garden.
Outdoor design is currently on trend, with everything from garden furniture to modern fountains taking centre stage. While redoing this part of your home, one cannot forget the importance of a functional and aesthetically-pleasing flooring system. Natural-looking, elegant floors finish off your outdoor design and this happens to be why Quartz Carpet is so popular.
What is Quartz Carpet?
Approximately 500 years ago in Italy, quarry labourers began to use stone offcuts to floor their own homes and, while it took some time to gain popularity with the masses, it is now one of the most appreciated flooring systems globally. In 2002, South Africa adopted the Quartz Carpet brand almost 40 years after it began in Belgium. The brand is so popular, in fact, that it is currently available in 50 countries worldwide.
Quartz Carpet is made of a naturally formed glacial stone (created through tumbling down glacial rivers over many years) and is known as a “seamless stone” flooring system. Using a combination of these glacial stone aggregates and polyurethane and epoxy resins, Quartz Carpet is mixed on site and trowelled by hand. The result is the smooth, natural-looking finish that fans of Quartz Carpet cannot get enough of.
5 Reasons to Choose Quartz Carpet
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose a Quartz Carpet:
- It is Hygienic: There is a reason why some hotel and luxury spas make use of seamless stone flooring like Quartz Carpet – it is hygienic. Its non-porous and low-VOC properties mean moisture does not accumulate in these floors, which in turn means that decay, mould and bacteria cannot flourish. This flooring system is easy to clean without requiring any special treatment or harsh chemicals that can harm the surrounding environment.
- It is Non-slip: Due to its texture, Quartz Carpet is non-slip, which means that even while wet, bare feet and most shoes are still able to maintain grip. This makes this flooring ideal for poolside areas, indoor gyms, saunas and spas.
- It is Resistant: Quartz Carpet is resistant to water damage, stains, scuff marks and even fire. It is also completely colour-fast and 100% UV stable.
- It is Long-Lasting: Quartz Carpet can easily last 20 years or more if taken care of, which makes this product one of the longest lasting flooring systems in the industry.
- A Variety of Colour Options: From oyster to peanut brittle, Quartz Carpet comes in several colour options so that you can choose the exact shade to suit your décor’s colour scheme.
Apart from all the above, Quartz Carpet is elegantly understated and complements any home with ease. If you are interested in making this internationally renowned brand a part of your home, contact Top Carpets and Floors today to have the top experts in the industry at your service.