You may have heard about the term wall-to-wall carpeting before, but are you aware of what it means and the benefits it has to offer? While there are many flooring solutions to choose from, carpeting still remains a highly popular choice. If you are curious about wall-to-wall carpeting, then feel free to keep reading to learn more.
1. What Is Wall-to-Wall Carpeting?
When thinking about wall-to-wall carpeting, some homeowners still remember the disastrous mustard yellow and burnt orange hues of fluffy flooring from the 1970s. The truth is that carpets have come a long way, not only in how they look, but in their durability and functionality too. A wall-to-wall carpet, sometimes called a “fitted carpet”, is essentially a flooring solution that is intended to cover the entire floor space of a room.
2. How Long Does It Last?
The durability of your carpet will largely depend upon the grade of flooring you purchase. Top quality carpeting products can last up to 15 years. If you are placing your carpet on walkways that experience a lot of foot traffic, you might want to invest in carpeting of a high standard or face having to replace it every few years.
3. Is it Expensive?
The price of your carpeting will once again depend on the quality of materials you decide to install. Luxury carpeting will obviously be more costly than low-grade flooring solutions. Should you choose to install a product of poor quality, be prepared to have to replace it every few years, which may cost the same as a carpet of better quality in the long run. In the end, as with most things, you get what you pay for in terms of quality.
4. What Are the Benefits?
There are several unique advantages that carpets offer which stone tiling and hardwood floors cannot provide:
- Due to being soft and comfortable underfoot, carpeting creates a warm and cosy atmosphere.
- Busy homes benefit from the noise-cancelling properties. Hardwood floors are not ideal for residences with on-the-go adults, children running around, and pets who move about all day long.
- Due to underfoot cushioning and grip, carpets prevent tripping, slipping, and falling, which is great for homes with small children and elderly individuals.
- Advanced technology means that carpets are created with stain and wear resistant properties these days. Cleaning your carpet is easier than what it’s ever been before.
- Ever notice that hotels and high-end restaurants always incorporate wall-to-wall carpeting? This is because it not only creates an inviting tone, but also adds an element of luxury to any room.
If you think it’s time to take advantage of the perks of wall-to-wall carpeting, why not contact us as Top Carpets and Floors? With our wide selection of stylish, quality flooring products, you can expect to receive expert advice from our highly trained professionals. For more information on carpets and rugs we have on offer, contact us online today or visit one of our branches near you.